Looking for a guilt-free sweet treat this weekend or a winning recipe for your next picnic? You have to try my vegan CARROT BANANA BREAD & BERRY CHIA SEED JAM. I made this 3 weeks in a row it was so delicious!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook: 50 Minutes
Total: 1 Hour
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk or milk alternative
- 1/4 cup light warmed coconut oil
- 3 medium bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cup)
- 3 carrots, grated (about 1 1/4 cup)
Fold in 1/3-1/2 cup dried fruit of choice including raisins, currants, cranberries or chopped apricots, dates and walnuts.
- Coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large mixing bowl, mix spelt flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add milk, oil and mashed bananas, mix well, but don’t over mix. Fold in carrots. Fold in any additional dried fruits or nuts.
- In a lightly greased 9×5 loaf pan, place mixture and bake for 50-55 minutes on the middle rack, rotate pan halfway through.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and let cool completely. Store covered. Serve warmed or at room temperature.
- Pair this with Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting and the Strawberry Chia Seed Jam.
- Tags: Recipe