Prep time: 25 min
Cook time: 18 min
Total time: 43 min
- 8 cups bread cubes (about 1 loaf)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ – 3 cups vegetable broth
- oil for greasing muffin tin
- Mashed potatoes (I like to use different color potatoes for added fun)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread bread cubes out on a baking sheet. Bake until toasted (about 10-15 minutes). Transfer bread to a large bowl.
- Heat butter in a pan on the stove at medium heat. Add onion, garlic and celery and sauté until vegetables are soft (about 15 minutes). Add mixture to bowl with bread cubes.
- Stir thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and egg into a bowl.
- Slowly add vegetable broth, being careful not to make bread too soggy, and stir. I added 1 cup at a time and let it absorb for a minute before adding more.
- Grease mini muffin tin. Spoon mixture into each spot, packing it down and filling it slightly above the top.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes, until the edges are browned.
- Remove from the oven and let sit until cool enough to handle. Add a scoop of mashed potatoes on each muffin.
- I topped mine with dried cranberries, rosemary sprigs and celery. Yum!
- Tags: Recipe