Thai Pea Summer Soup
This Thai pea soup is easily made in the blender. With ginger, lemongrass, jalapeños and peas, it is the perfect fresh spring or summer soup.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas (if using frozen, thaw beforehand)
- 1 15 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 large shallot
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp lemongrass paste (I use the Gourmet Garden brand found in the refrigerated area of the produce section)
- ½ jalapeno
- 1½ inch piece fresh ginger
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pea shoots and dash red pepper flakes for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with pea shoots and red pepper flakes. Soup can be served cold, room temperature or hot depending on preference.
- Tags: Recipe
← Older Post Newer Post →