This Thai pea soup is easily made in the blender. With ginger, lemongrass, jalapeños and peas, it is the perfect fresh spring or summer soup.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas (if using frozen, thaw beforehand)
- 1 15 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 large shallot
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp lemongrass paste (I use the Gourmet Garden brand found in the refrigerated area of the produce section)
- ½ jalapeno
- 1½ inch piece fresh ginger
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pea shoots and dash red pepper flakes for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with pea shoots and red pepper flakes. Soup can be served cold, room temperature or hot depending on preference.
- Tags: Recipe