The fall soup you've been waiting for. This soup is just like the name says -- sweet and salty. It's a delicious vegan soup and packed with flavor.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 2lb butternut squash
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tbsps white miso paste
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Hemp seeds and sunflower seeds optional for garnish
- Preheat over to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Quarter the onion. Place the squash face down on the sheet pan with the onions and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic in tin foil and place on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 min or until the quash is tender and browned.
- Scoop the flesh from the squash and place in a blender with the onion, peeled garlic, miso paste, olive oil, vinegar and vegetable broth. Blend until creamy and season to taste.
- Garnish with a spoonful of salty sunflower seeds and hemp seeds.
- Tags: Recipe