The perfect summer hummus packed with antioxidants to ward off aging effects of the sun, omegas to keep your skin hydrated, and protein for a toned body. It’s a perfect balance of sweet, nutty, and savory – Perfect for any summer party.
*The hummus can be made in advance and stored, covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes about 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed + drained if using canned
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil, + more for drizzling
- salt and pepper, to taste toasted
- sesame seeds + hemp seeds, for topping
- summer fruit salsa (see recipe)
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, almond butter, miso paste, crushed red pepper flakes and lemon juice to the bowl of a food processor.
- Begin to puree, then add 1/3 up water and puree until smooth. With the machine running stream in the olive oil until smooth and creamy. I let my machine run a around 3 minutes to insure a really smooth and creamy hummus. Taste and season as desired with salt + pepper. To serve, top the hummus with pesto and fruit salsa (see recipe). Sprinkle with toasted seeds.
- Tags: Recipe