Did you know that cinnamon can actually reduce insulin resistance & lower blood sugar levels when eaten with or after a high carb meal? Another tip for my #PCOS ladies 😉 This simple kitchen staple is packed with antioxidants and candida-fighting plant compounds! — Try this cinnamon-dusted Snickerdoodle recipe!
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract (Coating)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together the cinnamon and coconut sugar to make the coating. Set aside.
- Place the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and whisk until combined. Add lemon juice, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and stir until you get a uniform dough.
- Scoop out healing tablespoons of the dough and roll into balls. Roll them in the cinnamon coconut sugar and place on the parchment paper. Flatten gently with your palm or the bottom of a glass.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until slightly browned on the bottom. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Enjoy!
- Tags: Recipe