Who isn’t a fan of red velvet cake? I’m drooling at the thought of it (and its only 8 a.m.). Inspired by my love for decadent sweets and self-care – I made my red velvet bliss balls! This delicious, decadent + 100% good for you recipe is simple to make and a perfect lovers treat. They are made with desiccated coconut rather than almonds which makes them lighter, fluffy and moist. The festive color comes from a splash of beetroot juice. I love to add beetroot juice to cashew icings and smoothie bowls for a bit of color. (It’s also fun to pretend your bleeding and see how fast your family reacts 🙃.)
Enjoy these on Valentine’s Day or any other day of the year because every day is a day of self-love and self-care.
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp beetroot juice
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- More desiccated coconut and cocoa for rolling
- Add all the ingredients, except the cocoa nibs, to your food processor and blend until well combined.
- Add the cocoa nibs and hand blend with wooden spoon.
- Roll into balls and coat with your favorite toppings.
- Tags: Recipe