Prep time: 1 hour 5 min
Total time: 1 hour 5 min
Serves: 2 ½ cups
- 2 ½ cups fresh roasted pumpkin
- 1 ½ cups walnuts, toasted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut and deseed a fresh pumpkin (I got mine from Trader Joes) into large pieces. You can leave the skin on.
- Rub with coconut oil and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast until soft (about 45 minutes – 1 hour).
- Peel away from the skin.
- Place all ingredients in the order listed in a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and well combined, about 1-3 minutes.
- To toast walnuts, place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 7-10 minutes until fragrant and golden brown. Careful they don’t burn.
- Tags: Recipe