Holiday meals are delicious but our digestive systems need a little break from all that food (before all the New Years festivities!). Soup is amazing because it’s “predigested” aka it’s already broken down through the cooking process so it’s much less taxing on your delicate digestive system (especially after they’re been taxed over the holidays). Plus you can make a big batch and keep it in the fridge for a quick and healthy meal throughout the week!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or water
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 parsnips peeled and chopped into 3/4 inch pieces
- sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oil or water in a saucepan over medium heat, then sweat the shallots and garlic until translucent. Add some seasoning, the parsnips, and 2 thyme sprigs.
- Turn the heat down very low and cover the saucepan. Sweat the parsnips until they’re almost soft, stirring often, for about 15 minutes.
- Add the stock and milk, and stir to combine. Bring the soup to a boil and then take it off the heat.
- Carefully pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the soup back into your saucepan and check the seasoning, adding salt, pepper, and the lemon juice to bring out the flavors.
- Serve and sprinkle with thyme sprigs and pomegranate seeds!
- Tags: Recipe
← Older Post Newer Post →