I thought I'd share my best tips to help you avoid that uncomfortable bloat over the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Stay hydrated all day, water will keep flushing and moving everything through your system.
- Have a protein rich breakfast & lunch so you don't come to the table starving (which leads to overeating).
During Big Meal
- Eat slowly and mindfully, savoring each bite. Be present with friends and family and sloooooow down
- Limit the foods that are heavy on the dairy or sugar. I try to stick to the vegetables as much as possible.
After Big Meal
- Stretch, take a walk, get outside, and get active! It'll keep things moving smoothly.
- Herbs like fennel, ginger, tumeric, chamomile, and mint sooth the digestive system so sip on an herbal tea. You can roast fennel and snack on it throughout the day.
- At the end of the day I like to drink a cup of Pau d'Arco tea because I've found that it's the BEST bloat buster and mild laxative. I always have it with me!
- Tags: Recipe