Grain Bowl With Carrot Ginger Dressing
I love the rainbow of colors this one serves up and just so happens to be delicious too!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 1 hour 20 min
Total time: 1 ½ hours
Serves: 2 servings
- 10 small heirloom carrots
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sriracha
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups forbidden rice
- ¼ cup chopped carrot greens
- 1/3 cup roasted beets
- ½ small avocado, diced
- 2 small radishes
- Sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 1 cup chopped raw carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp fresh orange
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse and scrub the beets well and wrap them loosely in aluminum foil, making sure to leave a little opening for the steam to escape. Place them in the preheated oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour until softened. Then leave to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the skin off the beets and cut them into small squares. Set aside until ready to use.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel 3 carrots into ribbons. Save any leftover carrot pieces for roasting.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut the remaining 7 carrots vertically in quarters and arrange on the first baking sheet along with any leftover carrot pieces. Place the tofu cubes on the second baking sheet. Toss the carrots and tofu cubes with a drizzle of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges. The carrots should still have some bite to them.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree dressing ingredients together, adding salt and pepper to taste to your liking.
- Remove the tofu from the oven, toss it lightly with sriracha, and return it to the oven for 2 more minutes.
- Toss the salad greens with the cooked forbidden rice, carrot greens, almonds, a third of the dressing and a few pinches of salt.
- Assemble the bowls with the forbidden rice salad, roasted carrots, carrot ribbons, tofu, avocado, and pepper. Serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
- Tags: Recipe
← Older Post Newer Post →