Detox Broccoli Salad
Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free and raw. Packed with nutrients and full of fiber, this salad provides lasting energy. Broccoli tends to be heavy on my digestive system and this salad is light and easy to digest. I have a few fitness shoots coming up and I need to detox from the processed sweets I’ve had recently. The natural fiber found in broccoli, carrots, dates, and apples will provide me with lasting energy for longer workouts, help to flush toxins, and make my skin glow. You can mix any number fruits or herbs with this salad.
- 2 heads broccoli, stems removed
- 2.5-3 cups chopped or shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- Juice of 2 fresh lemons
- Kosher salt, pepper to taste
- In a food processor(or chopped by hand) process broccoli until fine. Add to large bowl.
- Process carrots and add to bowl.
- Stir in sunflower seeds, dates, apples and parsley. Add lemon juice and seasoning to taste.
- Added option: Pure maple syrup to drizzle on before serving or cinnamon to taste.
- Tags: Recipe
← Older Post Newer Post →