Citrus Fennel + Avocado Salad
A light and refreshing salad! It's the perfect side to your favorite spring or summer meal, or add your favorite protein and make it a full meal.
- An assortment of citrus, totaling about 2½ to 3 pounds such as:
- 3 navel oranges
- 3 cara cara oranges
- 2 minneola oranges
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 1 blood orange
- ½ fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- ½ shallot, peeled and very thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Reserved fennel fronds
- Slice the peels off of the citrus and place in a bowl or on a serving plate. Layer with thinly slivered fennel slices. Add avocado slices and shallot slivers.
- In a small bowl, slowly whisk the olive oil into the champagne vinegar until emulsified. Add the honey and whisk to mix. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and season with more kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Top with reserved fennel fronds and mint leaves.
- Tags: Recipe
← Older Post Newer Post →