Apricot Almond Squares
Work from home giving you a sweet tooth? As someone who’s ALWAYS working next to their kitchen I know what it’s like when those afternoon cravings hit & you can’t help but reach for a snack— that’s why I like to keep healthy options on hand so I feel better knowing my mid-day snack is nourishing my body rather than depleting it of energy.
Here’s a recipe I love for APRICOT ALMOND SQUARES. Try it out and tag me in a photo if you make these!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil softened
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp coconut oil solid
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 2.5 tbsp water, let sit)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 ripe apricots, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F & line square pan with parchment paper. Grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine almond flour + coconut flour + chopped almonds + maple syrup + almond butter + coconut oil. Stir together and press 2/3 of mixture into the prepared pan, saving 1/4 for topping.
- In a blender, combine almonds + tapioca flour + salt + coconut sugar to a powder. Add coconut oil and blend again. Add egg + vanilla and blend until you get a smooth paste. Spread the filling evenly over the crust.
- Arrange the apricot slices over the almond paste as desired and sprinkle remaining 1/4 crumble on top of bars.
- Bake for 40 minutes and let cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Tags: Recipe
← Older Post Newer Post →